Summer is coming whether you want to admit it or not.
Not sure if you’ve been looking outside your window lately or noticed that it’s still light at 7pm but you know what that means…..summer is COMING!
And it’s coming whether you like it or not.
Now I realize that everyone likes summer but they might not necessarily like the pressure they feel when they think of what that encompasses.
- Short shorts
- Sleeves tops
- Basically…showing more SKIN
And…when you look in your closet, there’s a flutter of panic! What if the clothes that fit you last summer, don’t fit you as well this summer???
The struggle is real ladies.
Do you struggle with the endless battle in your head? Do you secretly pray that the fews extra pounds that you gained over the winter months will somehow, slide away? Do you find yourself doing this (year over year OVER YEAR) but it’s getting progressively harder?
The truth is….
- Age is catching up with us.
- A slower metabolism is catching up to us.
- Lack of motivation is catching up with us.
- LIFE is catching up to us!
The reality is, whether you are “ready” or not, summer is only a month. Sure it’s temping to search up the latest diet or do more cardio, but you know (with everything in our being) that this is the LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO.
Stop beating yourself up!
Going to the extremes in the hopes that you will make some significant change before you have to squeeze into your summer wardrobe, never works. Going “full steam ahead” is short term because you only end up throwing in the towel half way through summer.
This is something I know very well. I have seen it and heard it over and over. The desperation, the start and stop on the hamster wheel of weight loss.
Women tell me that they are SO DAMN TIRED of beating their heads against the wall, that they often just give up.
Does this sound like you?
Well, I’m here to say….STOP THE INSANITY. Stop the roller coaster of self loathing and switch that negative thinking to something you can do.
When it comes to anything, it’s the smallest things that give you the biggest bang for your buck. The accumulation of the little things, create the biggest impact.
5 little things that you can do right now.
- Drink more water. You knew I was going here right? Well, there’s no getting away from it. We are 80% water and work so much better as a living machine when we replenish what we use every day.
- Move every day and I really meant it; just “move”. Whether it is a traditional “workout”, going for a walk after dinner, getting off the subway 1 stop earlier or taking the stairs. As repetitive as it sounds, this shizzzz actually works!
- Eat more veggies. Do you feel “swollen, puffy or bloated” after a winter of comfort foods? Adding more vegetables to your day with the additional fibre will help fill you but also help you to “cleanse” what feels like is just sitting around your mid-section
- Get more sleep. As the days get longer and the social calendar fills up, this can be hard. However what is even harder, is expecting your body to rest, recover and put your body into a state of “down training” when you are pulling the midnight oil. Did you know that sleep deprivation actually increases cortisol (the stress hormone) that is meant for “fight or flight”? Increases in cortisol also has a direct correlation with fat storage around the mid section.
- Lastly…if you are tired of trying stuff like this on your own, join my FREE 5 day challenge on May 27th. It’s not your traditional “fitness challenge” in that it’s more about thinking outside the box. It’s about listening to your gut and doing things that might make you feel uncomfortable but will allow you to grow.
You don’t have to worry
- I don’t prescribe 2 hour workouts every day.
- I don’t ask you to drink freshly squeezed kale juice.
- I don’t ask you to get up at 5:30 every morning to workout (unless you want to)
- And I certainly don’t ask you to flip your life upside down to make drastic changes.
We all know that we need to take more time out for ourselves and this is the perfect opportunity to do it in a supportive community of women, just like you.
Are you are sick and tired of scrambling, just to feel let down? If you want to do something different this summer, then I encourage you to fill out an application to join.
This summer, make “getting ready” more than just fitting into clothes and seeing a number on the scale. Make it about feeling good in your skin, knowing you’ve got a plan and that you are ready to KICK ASS!
Are you with me?